My Dad gave Madeline this painting set with easel quite a while ago. But it's been sitting in a closet waiting for the right time to pull it out (during a long Ethan-nap due to the Acrylic paints). We finally pulled it out recently and Madeline was beyond excited! She loved the easel and got right to painting like she's painted on an easel for years:
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Arts and Crafts
9/30/2010
My Dad gave Madeline this painting set with easel quite a while ago. But it's been sitting in a closet waiting for the right time to pull it out (during a long Ethan-nap due to the Acrylic paints). We finally pulled it out recently and Madeline was beyond excited! She loved the easel and got right to painting like she's painted on an easel for years:
She worked so hard for so long. She took this painting very serious. Every paint stroke was very thought-out. She really got into mixing two colors to make another color too!
The finished project:
That night I made my first crayon roll (yes Mom, I said "crown roll"):
I was very pleased with the way it turned out but I have a lot to improve on. I ended up with two pockets on either end that weren't big enough for a crayon. Keeping the measurements accurate is a challenge for me right now. Hopefully I figure it out before you receive your Christmas presents!!
The next morning Madeline colored a Birthday card for the little girl who would be receiving the crayon roll. We were going to her 1st b-day party:
Then, that night I finished up this project. This one should had been finished a week prior but I made a major error that resulted in me needing to remove a billion stitches!!! ugh! It's things like that that get me SO discouraged. But once it was done, I was very happy. A birthday present for our niece, Lily:
My Dad gave Madeline this painting set with easel quite a while ago. But it's been sitting in a closet waiting for the right time to pull it out (during a long Ethan-nap due to the Acrylic paints). We finally pulled it out recently and Madeline was beyond excited! She loved the easel and got right to painting like she's painted on an easel for years:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment