Saturday, March 28, 2009

Madeline's 1st visit to the Circus

Our friends, Mrs. Martha and Mr. Dick, gave us 3 tickets to the Circus as well as baby-sitting services for the evening. We can't thank them enough. We had a blast!! It was so nice to have an evening out with Madeline to give her well deserved undivided attention from the both of us. It was such a special evening...not just for her but for us as well.

Before going over to the James Brown Arena in Augusta for The Greatest Show on Earth, we went to Fridays for dinner....uhg...dinner wasn't very good for any of us, but we enjoyed the time out together anyway.
It has been raining like crazy here. We need the rain, but it's getting a little annoying now. Anyway, we had to make a mad-dash for the building once we parked because it was pouring. We shouldn't complain too much because many parts of GA were having tornado warnings. We were just getting a bunch of rain.

Here is Daddy and Maddie outside the James Brown Arena. Can you tell they got a little wet?? It didn't dampen any one's mood though :)
Madeline's grandmother, Marmie, sent her $10 to spend at the circus. She decided she needed and elephant filled with a snow cone! And yes, it cost ten dollars!!!! The prices were ridiculous!


We had awesome seats! We were pretty close to the ring and didn't have any obstacles in our way. And the people all around us were nice :) even the kid in front of us that Madeline kicked in the head was a sweetheart. When I apologized, he said, "oh that's OK...I'm used to it."


Madeline's favorite part was the elephants. Every time we mentioned going to the Circus today, she would say, "go see elephants? go see penguins?"


Doug and I found this guy hilarious and Madeline found Mommy and Daddy funny because they kept laughing. This guy is amazing with a bicycle!

This is the end of the Circus. We couldn't believe Madeline stayed awake and attentive through the whole show. She got tired at the end, but still hung in there. It wasn't over until 9:00...an hour past her bedtime.


This is Madeline waving goodbye to everyone. Can you tell she's sleepy?!

This is in the car on our way home. She's STILL waving goodbye to everyone. She's saying, "I say bye to the clowns...BYE CLOWNS.... I say bye to the tigers....BYE TIGERS...I say bye to the elephants...BYE ELEPHANTS!" She surprisingly stayed awake the whole ride home, even through our stop to pick up Ethan.

Of course, the little princess had to get some souvenirs from her first Circus. You can see her elephant cup from the snow cone. When I took her at intermission to get something from Mommy and Daddy we looked and looked and finally she spotted a coloring book she wanted...and it was the cheapest thing they had!!! I was very happy with that even though four dollars for a coloring book is a rip-off. She also REALLY wanted to sit on this elephant statue they had, but you could only sit on it if you paid to have your picture taken...I caved. It did come with a "free" clown nose though!!






2 comments:

  1. How fun! She looks like she had a wonderful time!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures, it's obvious how much fun she had at the circus!

    ReplyDelete