Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday in the Backyard

Because it's just been so hot, we haven't spent much time in the backyard the past couple months. We spent some time Saturday and Sunday cleaning it up a bit, so we thought we'd go ahead and enjoy it for as long as we could tolerate the heat. It's great that Ethan is walking now because neither of us have to carry him around the yard. It really frees us up to play with Madeline while Ethan is able to get around and play too.Doug kicking the ball to Ethan: He got it!
He looked so proud that he picked it up:
Then he threw it back down:
Madeline was just thrilled to get to play golf:
Her favorite part about golf was putting the stuff back in the "bag" and transporting it around the yard:
Then Madeline was ready for some baseball. I tried to show her how to swing the bat:
Then I demonstrated:
...but not very well:
Madeline was ready to give it a try again:
She was close:
...and close again:
She never quite made contact, but she seemed to enjoy it anyway. She eventually said she was hot and wanted to go inside. Doug and I were happy that we weren't the ones dragging her in!

I'm not sure who was more pooped from the time outside, the kids or Daddy:

2 comments: