For a couple days Madeline kept saying she wanted me to take her picture with the Mickey at the hotel. But, believe it or not, I did not have my camera with me each of those times. Finally, I decided to make a special trip down to the Mickey with my camera to grab a couple shots of her. Here was her first, and my favorite, pose:
Obviously before naps, we hopped on a bus and headed over to Disney's Hollywood Studios:
They certainly were a scene stealer on the bus:
This was one of my favorite things to see!! Ethan really got a kick out of seeing McQueen and Mater too!
While Daddy had run to take Madeline to go potty, I was walking around with Ethan when he spotted two characters walking near him. It was two of the characters from a Disney cartoon called Little Einsteins (one of our kids favorites). He was so excited that he chased after them. They were about to do a little meet and greet, so I went ahead and got him in line. It was so cute, because he seemed to understand how the whole process worked. I even went into the backpack and grabbed Madeline's autograph book which he took and held like he knew just what to do. He managed to get a hold of my PhotoPass too. In this picture he thought I was going to take it from him:
Here he is in line so excited to see them up close!! He waited so patiently! I guess after 9 days of this, he finally realized that patience pays off:
Madeline joined us in line. Ethan continued to watch very excitedly:
Then it was our turn. He wanted Mommy to hand them the pen and book:
...and this is as close as he would get:
Madeline never had any problems meeting the other characters, but I guess because of Ethan's reaction, she decided to be shy too. I told Annie and Leo we would just go ahead and take a picture like this. Leo got a real chuckle out of that. Here's the results:
Then we took another bus over to a hotel where we caught a boat to Downtown Disney. Madeline was so funny on the bus. At one point she informed the bus driver, Angel from the the Bronx, that red means stop. The other passengers on the bus got quite a kick out of that. Fortunately, Angel found her quite amusing and continued to converse with her. He asked her is she wanted to be a bus driver in Disney World when she grew up, and her response was, "no, I want to be a Princess."
Anyway, here we are once we made it on the boat:
We met Doug's parents, sister, and younger brother and his family at a restaurant and had dinner together. Afterwards, we went over to Disney's Quest. We checked out a few things there, then I discovered this thing called Animation Academy. I knew Madeline would just LOVE this!!! This is the only picture I snapped because I had to have her on my lap in order for her to reach the drawing board (and Daddy was busy building and riding his own roller coaster). In this picture she is waiting for Animation Academy 101 to start. She loved the class. In fact she listened to the directions on how to use the drawing board very well. At one point the instructor made a joking comment about no one listening to the directions (most of the students were older than Madeline, so they figured they already knew how to use this thing). Well, Madeline piped up and said, "I'm listening!!!!" The instructor laughed and thanked her and proceeded with the directions. She took the whole class very seriously:
Here's her final product:
I should probably add that I did help her color in the ears. She was coloring them in very carefully, but we were running out of time. The instructor was counting down from ten before the machine would shut off and Madeline only had about 10% of the ears colored in. She wanted them colored but didn't know how to do it fast, so I helped her.
And that's where Day 9 ended.
No comments:
Post a Comment