Friday, July 9, 2010

FREE CHICKEN!! and a little fun :)

Chick-fil-A is issuing a cattle call!
Today, Chick-fil-A restaurants nationwide are celebrating the organization's annual Cow Appreciation Day event by offering a FREE meal to any guest who visits the restaurant fully dressed as a cow! If you are dressed "head-to-hoof" in cow attire you will be rewarded with a free Chick-fil-A meal. For those "too chicken" to wear full cow costumes, Chick-fil-A will award a complimentary entree to customers partially dressed in cow attire, such as a cow-spotted scarf, purse, hat or other accessory.
Well, our kids went head-to-hoof:
They just found themselves to be so funny!

MOOOOOO
I wanted to do the mark around the eye, and I was sure Madeline would let me, but was quite sure Ethan (my timid boy these days) would not let me. So I sat Madeline up on the counter to do hers so Ethan could watch. Then I went to do his...He leaned forward and I got half-way done when he leaned back and said, "All done!" I said, "One more time." And he replied, "K."... followed by a quick, "All done!" That's when the bribery came out...and why they're holding lollipops in the pictures :)

They even had tails:
We had a delicious, free lunch (they even let me eat free even though I was only wearing a black shirt and jeans), played a bit and hung out with the cows. I was very surprised by how much Ethan loved the cows. He'd follow them around, give them high fives, "Moo" at them, and pose for pictures. I totally did not expect him to be do comfortable with the cows!
He looks a little nervous in this picture, but it was just because he saw the other cow that was there and wanted to go hang with him too:
They were even given stuffed cows! I think that was the most exciting part to Madeline. Ethan loved his two, but was even more excited to get his picture with this cow. He walked right up to him, turned around and sat down to get a photo taken:
He never let go of his stuffed cow:
After and hour and a half visit, we enjoyed a little ice cream and went home for naps :)

What a great afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. you did a great job on the mow cow outfits! make sure it keep them for next year. sorry we didn't get to chat some-Macy was about to have a melt down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yen-Wen!!! I am DEFINITLY setting them aside to use next year (just hope I can find them then!). Yeah, we didn't get to chat at all...but hopefully we'll see each other soon :)

    ReplyDelete