Friday, July 24, 2009

What's New with the Harkins

My father-in-law was complaining today that I needed to get some new pictures/stories up on the blog so I just sat down to update it and when I looked on my camera...it's been 3 days since I've taken any pictures!!!!! That's a record!!! Usually I would have SOMETHING on the camera...but I have nothing. I guess I just don't take enough pictures, huh.

Well, I guess I could still chat about things going on around here without pictures.
Madeline has been doing very well this week with potty-training. She only goes to bed at night with a pull-up on, the rest of the day is princess or Dora panties :) A couple days this week she was accident free and the other days she only had one accident. Last night after I put her to bed, she called down, "Mommy, my pants are off!!!" So Doug went upstairs to find her standing by her door all excited. "Look Daddy, I went pee-pee in the potty!!" We have her toddler potty (that we've pretty much never used) in her room and last night she decided to use it!! She was able to get her pull-up back up, but couldn't manage the bottoms to her pj's, so she needed our help. We were so excited that she took such an initiative to go potty by herself!! Very exciting stuff in our house. We're so proud of her!
Looks like she'll be potty trained in time for our trip to Disney World. Doug decided to sell his old speakers and receiver on Ebay and use the money he made to take us to Disney. We are all so excited and are enjoying the planning stage. We'll be booking everything this weekend. It will probably be an October trip because that's when the rates are best.

The kids are getting browner by the day. I take them to the pool at the YMCA at least 4 days a week for several hours. Don't worry Grants, we use plenty of sunblock! Anyway, Madeline and I had a nice, special evening today. After Doug got home from work, she and I headed over to the Y and met our friends, Mrs. Sarrah, Mr. Jordan, Owen, and Holland. Since Ethan stayed home to spend some quality time with Daddy, I was able to take Madeline in the "big pool." She had a ton of fun and did so much better than during her swim lessons. I think it's because Owen was there and he made her feel comfortable. She would actually let go of me and swim to the edge of the pool! I think I might try taking her in the evening once a week to get her more practice. Anyway, we stayed about an hour and a half and then went to grab a bite to eat at IHOP. We had a wonderful evening together and when we got home Daddy and Ethan had bought us flowers!!!

I love our family. I am so incredibly thankful for all of our blessings.

Love to all,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment