Saturday, July 25, 2009

"Don't worry Lamby, I'm coming to save you!"

As many of you know, Madeline has a favorite stuffed animal, a lamb, that is named Lamby. This little lamb has gone everywhere with her and has certainly become a security blanket for the little princess. This, of course, has advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages:
1. She always has a piece of home with her wherever we go, how far we travel, or where we may spend the night.
2. It really helps with her bedtime routine. She gets Lamby, I read her a few books in bed, I leave...but she still has Lamby and feels safe :)
3. It's cute!
4. Teaches her responsibility.

Disadvantages:
1. It could get lost!!!!

Anyway, earlier today we decided to take a trip to the mall and then to Sams Club. Madeline brought Lamby in the car with her which these days is not something she always does. She's OK with leaving her home, but I think she knew she was a little sleepy and Lamby would help her take a nap in the car. We're at the point now, though, that Lamby never leaves the car, except to go back in the house. Apparently, Doug and I were so busy chatting while we were going into the mall, that we didn't pay attention to the fact that Madeline was bringing Lamby with her. After we left the mall, we went to Sams, then drove home. On the way home Madeline asked where Lamby was. Doug and I looked at each other with a panicked look. When we got home we looked all over the car...then got on the phone. The second store, Children's Place, we called had it!! As Madeline and I were walking to the front door to leave to get Lamby, Madeline shouted, "Don't worry Lamby, I'm coming to save you!!" Well, that had Doug and I hysterical.

Here is a picture of the princess on the way back to the mall to save Lamby:

I thought it would be cute to get a picture of her getting her Lamby back from the clerk, but when we walked up to the counter and she saw Lamby sitting on the shelf behind the registers, she started crying...and not just a little cry, she was really upset! Like my mom said, I guess it was like a mother who finds her lost kid...just overwhelmed with emotions. I did eventually snap a couple pictures of her with her Lamby:

This was after I got her to stop crying. Poor thing :(

We walked around the store for a bit and she helped me pick out a bathing suit for Ethan for next summer (it was only 4 bucks!!). Here is a picture of her talking to the young lady working there. The ladies there loved Madeline and felt terrible when she started crying. They were very happy to see Madeline recover and chit-chat with them.


On the way home we had to run into the grocery store. As I was getting Madeline out she asked if Lamby could come in with her. I told her yes because I felt like she was still recovering from the whole situation...I just didn't have the heart to say no. Madeline started to get out of the car with Lamby, then stopped and I could tell she was thinking really hard. She said, "No! Lamby stay right here in the car seat." Well, I guess she learned a little about responsibility today.

1 comment:

  1. And that is why there are 7 Thumpers running around PA right now. Or rather 6 in PA and 1 lost in Disney World. :)

    ReplyDelete