Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Crazy Lil Man continued...

Some pictures from this morning (12/22/09) of the little guy.

Lately, Ethan gets really upset when Madeline is playing with her Play Doh and he is not. I've held off letting him play with it because I KNOW all he'll do is eat it. Well, I gave him a chance today (and yesterday briefly too) and he actually did OK. A couple times it when in his mouth and I'd take it away for a minute while he screamed. I'd give it back and a decent amount of time would pass before it went in his mouth again...and was taken away again. He lasted with the Play Doh longer today than yesterday, so I think he's starting to understand how it works.

Here he is when I first gave him his share:

Madeline thought it was neat that Ethan could play Play Doh too! She kept telling him, "Ethan, I don't put Play Doh in my mouth cus I'm a big girl. You can't put it in your mouth either or you can't play with it." She'd say it in the sweetest voice (something we're working on).
Madeline asked me to move Ethan next to her so they could play together. I moved him closer but still kept him at a distance so he didn't grab her stuff:
I told them to "Cheese" and Ethan did while Madeline looked at him and laughed:
So after he had eaten enough Play Doh, he was off to find some other trouble to get into:
He can spot a pulled out chair from a mile away. As soon as he saw this chair he got the biggest grin on his face, looked at me, and went running!
The grin never left his face:
This is why he's not allowed on chairs...because he doesn't just sit on them, he uses them as a ladder to get up on other things:
So then to the chair for a snack so Mommy can get a breather:
Then back down for some more playtime:

We had a much better morning today than previous days. He actually ate his entire lunch without throwing any of it!!! YAY ETHAN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment