Monday, December 21, 2009

Hayden's Gymnastics 12/17/09

My Mom's group had an organized play date at Hayden's Gymnastics in Evans. The kids had about an hour of a mommy & me class that started with circle time songs and games. Madeline loved this...Ethan just wanted to stack cones. This was followed by some guided free time in the gym. They got to jump on the Trampoline, crawl through the foam pit, walk on the beam, etc. The kids had a blast, but Mommy had an unexpected workout. Right now, Madeline is taking her gymnastics classes at the YMCA. It works out great because since we are members, Ethan can hang out in the childcare, while I supervise Madeline's class (so, basically I sit on my bum while both kids are being attended to). At Hayden's, Madeline can pretty much do everything on her own, she just needed some safety reminders from Mommy. Ethan on the other hand required a lot more assistance :) I was OK with chasing them around and through all the equipment such as the tunnels:

...but then came the foam pit. Oh Lord!! For those of you want a REALLY good workout, hop into one of these foam pits with your 3 year old and one year old a couple times...actually just make that once...and see what you have left. I hurt for days.

So anyway, we will stick to the YMCA until the kiddies are a little bit older, then we will start attending Hayden's.

No comments:

Post a Comment