...but it was worth it.
I wanted to do something with the kids today, but wasn't sure what since it's still quite wet and muddy out from all the rain we've been getting. After making a "quick" stop by the oh-so-crowded post office, I decided that we would go ahead and attempt the park. What's the worse thing that was going to happen?? They'd get a bit dirty?
When we first got there I convinced Madeline to go for a jog/walk around the walking path they have. Here she is going for a jog (she didn't last very long):

After one lap, we stopped at the playground and got busy. Of
course, the first thing Ethan does is fill up his hands with mulch. In this picture his hands are clenched with several pieces (to stay there our whole visit):

Madeline and Ethan were playing so nice together (probably because they were each other's only friend at the very empty park), so I asked them if I could get a picture of the two of them together. They excitedly hopped up on the bench and Ethan got into his "
cheeeeese mode" right away:

Then Madeline got into her silly mode:

Then they both cooperated:

They actually really enjoyed each other's company at the park. It was very enjoyable to watch.


Then they really started getting dirty:

I'm sure this won't feel great coming out:

Boy does she LOVE playing with sand/dirt.

All in all we had a great morning at the park. We really had to take advantage of the 66 degree weather today! We went straight home for a change of clothes, lunch and naps :)
Cute!
ReplyDelete