
Madeline and I ran up to
JoAnn's yesterday to pick up something and while there she found the bin of fabric I think they call "
remnants"? It's basically the leftover fabric of the end of a roll that they sell for a discounted price. Madeline picked up a small roll and said, "I want to get this for Ethan!" I didn't understand what was so special about this fabric (other than that it was bright green!) until I felt it. It was
sooooo soft. Since it was for Ethan and the fabric was so nice and cheap, I told Madeline we could get it. On the way to the cashier we decided we would make Ethan a pillow! I already had the "fluff" at home so it was great that I didn't need to buy any other materials. So after Ethan was tucked in bed, Madeline and I sat down and cut the fabric, pinned it, sewed it, turned it inside out, stuffed it and sewed close the little hole. I loved how much Madeline was able to help with each step and she was so proud of herself with what she had made.
precious! it's beautiful!! i can remember sewing when I was little alongside my mom who made us four matching Christmas dresses one year. it was so much fun catching up discarded scraps and stitching them together. miss you!!
ReplyDeletethis is lizzy, not luke! just FYI!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lizzy! I was pretty sure it was you since I can't imagine Luke sitting alongside with his Mom sewing! He always had a ball in his hand or his nose in a book! Although, after watching him paint Madeline's nails so diligently, I'm starting to wonder what kinds of things Aunt Kris secretly taught him to do when he was little :)
ReplyDelete