Doug and I were asked to be Godparents to our friends', Renee and Ray, little girl Grace. For those of you who don't know, Renee and I met when we became college roommates. She is also how I met Doug :)
Here we are in
Myersville at the Baptism of Grace Elizabeth Mann:
Yes, Doug and I are wearing the same thing as at the wedding...pretend you don't notice. The events were back-to-back (wedding Saturday and baptism on Sunday) so we figured it would be easier on us if we just brought one dress-up item :) (plus I think that's all we own). We figured we would be the only ones at both events so no one would notice...I forgot about pictures and the blog!
Madeline did pretty well at the baptism considering she had been couped up in a car for the previous two days and been at a wedding the previous day. Plus, she got to sit in church with a friend!! I can't believe we all survived! We just put Ethan in the nursery there and he loved it.
Afterwards we went to the Mann's for a little reception. The weather was beautiful so we spent some time out back.

Ethan loves swings, so Ray hung this up for our little guy.

It didn't take long before he was out!
BFF: Emily and Madeline had a great time playing together. They are only 6 months apart so it was great for Madeline to have someone her age to play with. Even though they live far apart and have never had too much time to play together, they always act like they're best friends when they see each other.


We told them to stand together so we could get a picture and this is what they were doing. I think they were trying to pose, but having a hard time getting coordinated:

But they worked it out:

Ethan slept through it all :)

So after making the
curtains, I really wanted to try to make an article of clothing. I found this Winnie the Pooh fabric on clearance at
JoAnn's so I figured it would be good for practice. I made Madeline, Emily and Grace matching dresses. They didn't turn out that great (straps too long, inside seems messy, etc) but it still was cute to see our little girls matching in the dresses I made. I have a lot to learn about sewing but I really like it and hope to stick to it. I'll just have to get some more lessons from
Sarrah.

You can get an idea in this picture on how off I was with the straps. They still looked adorable together!

Madeline really wanted to hold Grace. She loves all babies (just not
thrilled most days with her little brother). She was a bit concerned with the crying so she handed Grace back very quickly.

Renee and Ray gave Emily and Madeline a push-pop for being "good" at church. We opened it when she got in the car to drive back to the
Harkins'. We were both shocked when we turned around to see her asleep BEFORE the push-pop was finished! That's just how tired the poor thing was.
No comments:
Post a Comment