Friday, June 5, 2009

Madeline's lil school desk 6/2/09

I brought this little table downstairs to use for a Scrapbooking Night and after I cleared everything off of it, I thought it looked cute in the corner as a little table for Madeline to do some "school work." I recently purchased some workbooks for her, so I set everything up on this table, including her own pencil cup :) The workbooks are very basic...they include folding, cutting, tracing, etc. We did a couple pages from a couple books and she loved it. She couldn't wait to put a sticker on each page after it was finished! Not only did she have fun doing each of the little activities, but it has been great in teaching her to follow directions. Each activity has one or two sentences of directions that she can follow. I read the directions, then we follow them together. Naturally, this is something I really love working on with her!
The little rabbit on the desk was given to her by one of the boys across the street. The family came over to say hi the other day and give Madeline a couple of (mostly unused) workbooks they had from when their kids were in pre-K and K. Since Madeline was asleep, I brought her over to visit when she woke up and she had a very nice play date with the three kids. Alyssa gave Madeline some of her old play jewelry and Steven let her have his old bunny...too cute!

1 comment:

  1. those kumon books are great...they have always been owen's favorite!

    ReplyDelete