Sunday, March 21, 2010

For our little tikes

We've wanted to get the kids some sort of play set for the backyard for quite some time, but they just seemed so expensive (overpriced) to us. After months of looking, I was so excited to see one (my favorite one from looking online) show up for sale on Craigslist. It was in good condition and a great price. I told the lady I'd buy it and we set up a date to pick it up, but I never heard back from her again. Guess she changed her mind. We were so disappointed!! I had even shown the kids a picture of it online! We couldn't wait! We were determined to get the kids something for the backyard, so we found this one, on sale, at Toys R US. It was actually a pretty good sale price (a little less than the cost of buying the bigger set from the Craigslist lady), so we were happy :)
I went to pick it up from Toys R Us this afternoon, and when I returned home with the box...the kids went crazy!!! I thought they were going to eat the box just to get to the inside of it! Doug's plans to go grocery shopping quickly changed, and he was outside setting the play set up for his little girl and little boy:
Doug: "Megan, you didn't tell me it would have a million pieces and directions!"
Madeline: "This is only for little girls and little boys to play on Daddy." (Really, that's what she was saying)
Ethan just sat and watched for a while:
Doug and I couldn't believe how Madeline seemed to know how to put this together. She always knew just what piece Daddy needed next without him asking. I guess it's from staring at the box for so long when we brought it in the house:
Ethan decided he wanted to assist too:
Teamwork:
Ethan got a little upset because he wasn't allowed to climb up the ladder yet (because the screws weren't in yet!):
But he got over it soon:
Now he just had to wait for Daddy to get the slide together:
It was so cute to see Ethan trying to help his Daddy get the slide in:
Ethan: "Madeline, would you tell Daddy how to get the slide in, please!"
Madeline: "Here Daddy, just put it together like this." No sooner was it popped in and he was down the slide! again, and again, and again
Madeline is playing peek-a-boo:
They liked the little tunnel:
But Ethan didn't like that he got "tuck":
We are SO excited to have something for the kids to play with out back!! Especially since Ethan's allergies have been so bad the past two weeks. I can take him out back for short periods of time and bring him in to recoup, instead of going to a playground so often for longer periods of time. Also, while he's napping, Madeline can be out playing on it. Anyway, I'll say it again...we're so excited!

2 comments: